Looking for an opportunity to get away from the construction site, step up your career, while being part of the future of construction?
Offsite Design Ltd are experts in prefabrication of timber buildings offering a unique range of design, engineering, and drafting services to contractors, prefabricators, and developers to help materialise the timber buildings of tomorrow. From family homes to medium-rise residential, and commercial mass timber projects. Domestic and overseas.
Use your building and construction experience to work alongside our clients to help Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA), all to maximise productivity in the prefab factory and speed on site for our contractor and prefabricator clients.
Background: Timber construction in Australasia is changing. Timber off-site construction are experiencing strong interest, e.g. CAD/CAM integrated fabrication processes are being introduced, panelised prefabrication is taken up by small and large companies, mass timber (GLT, CLT , and PLT) are produced locally at scale. Offsite Design Ltd are actively involved in these trends.
- Coordinating projects across structural (timber) trades to maximise productivity in the prefab factory and for assembly on site
- 3D modelling and 2D drafting (using Cadwork; training can be provided) supporting the prefabrication and construction of a wide variety of timber buildings.
- Modelling engineered mass timber structures and light timber frame (LTF) panelised buildings for fabrication.
Your experience and skills
- Experience in modelling and drafting timber buildings, e.g. as architectural, structural, or truss and frame detailer.
- In depth knowledge and experience of at least two of the following:
- Hands-on experience of construction of timber buildings.
- Design and detailing timber structures.
- Fabrication, machining or CNC experience .
- Intermediate (to advanced) experience using CADWORK or other CAD/CAM/BIM package.
- Self-starter, with energy, passion, and genuine exposure to timber construction.
- Attention to detail and pride in your work.
- Work at the leading edge of timber prefabrication and off-site manufacture in this part of the world, including involvement in R&D projects moving the industry forward.
- An extremely wide variety of projects across the whole range of engineered timber products and building typologies; from tiny house to multi-storey engineered timber structure.
- A friendly team of individuals with a passion for building with wood, raising the productivity of our industry.
- Remuneration according to your skill set and experience.
To apply email Johann Betz at email@example.com or phone Johann on 021 104 1485